In late 2016 Celestron released their brand new CGX computerised GOTO equatorial mount with new class leading features including internal wiring, belt drive gearing and new mechanicals making setting up and adjusting the mount easy. Hot on the heels of the CGX, Celestron have introduced the CGX-L heavy duty equatorial mount - an uprated version of their CGX.
The CGX-L Computerized Equatorial mount is the latest addition to our fully computerized equatorial mount series and capable of carrying Celestron’s largest optical tubes with ease. The CGX-L is designed for backyard observatories and remote imagers looking for exceptional load capacity to weight ratio, compact design, and innovative features that fully support large telescopes, imaging kits, and the latest in wireless tech accessories.
Key design goals included larger 144 mm diameter worm wheels which provide smoother operation and can more accurately drive heavier loads, longer 270 mm dovetail saddle to support larger optical tubes, remote operation friendly features such as home and limit optical sensors, easier polar alignment adjustments, and better cable management overall and a beefier tripod to boot. In addition to that, we’ve made mechanical and ergonomic improvements throughout to make the mount sturdier, easier to use, and easier to transport. COMPACT. ERGONOMIC. INNOVATIVE.
- Mount German Equatorial
- Instrument load capacity 75 lb
- Tripod height adjustment range 35.75” to 52.75”
- Tripod leg diameter 2.75"
- Latitude adjustment range 3º-65º
- Tripod Weight 46.2 lb
- EQ Head Weight w/o Counterweight Shaft 47 lb
- Total EQ Head Weight 52.6 lb
- Max Slew Speed 4º/second (3º/second is default)
- Tracking Rates Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
- Number of Auxiliary ports (for hand control and accessories) 4
- Autoguide port Yes
- USB Port Yes
- Software Celestron PlaneWave Instruments
- Included Items
- CGX-L Equatorial Head
- CGX-L Tripod
- Accessory Tray
- 1 x 22 lb Counterweight
- NexStar+ Hand Control
- DC Power Cable (plugs into cigarette lighter socket)
- 8 mm Allen Wrench (contained in rear carry handle)