Lunt Solar Herschel Wedge - SPECIAL OFFER

Lunt Solar Herschel Wedge - SPECIAL OFFER
  Zoom
Our Price:  £139.00(Inc. 20% VAT)(£115.83 Exc. VAT)
+
Model:  

Part Number:  LU-LS1.25SP/HW
Brand:  Lunt

Lunt


1.25" model WAS £158 NOW £139  - LIMITED STOCK OFFER

2" model WAS £340 NOW £299 - LIMITED STOCK OFFER


These Herschel wedges from Lunt are used with refracting telescopes uo to 150mm aperture with 1.25" / 2" focusers and they provides superior White Light views of the sun. These complete systems come with pre-installed ND3.0 filter. Two models are available - for reftractors with 1.25" focusers and for those with 2".

In these Herschel wedges, 95% of the sun light will be suppressed by the Herschel Wedge. The remaining 5% are dimmed by a fixed pre- installed ND3.0 strong gray neutral density filter. A polarizing filter can further reduce the light to the desired level.

The difference between Herschel Wedges and normal front mounted filters is, that the filtering takes place just before the eyepiece or camera. This will provide a better contrast and sharpness of the solar image.

The advantages of the new LUNT Herschel Wedges:

  • especially high-quality optical surfaces for very good contrast
  • fully closed body with integrated heat trap
  • no stray light escaping - so it is very safe
  • the needed ND3.0 filter is fix installed

Only for use with refractor telescopes up to 150mm aperture as the full energy and heat of the sun will be inside the telescope, we advise to use only refractors with a Herschel Wedge. The refractors must not have corrector lenses at the back. Optical elements like corrector lenses or secondary mirrors of reflector telescopes become very hot by the concentrated solar energy and could be damaged.

As the Herschel Wedge produce polarized light, you can use a normal polarizing filter at the eyepiece or camera-adapter. By turning the polarizing filter the brightness will be reduced.

Polarizing filter not included.

If you have a general, technical or stock query about this product, please do contact us using the form below. We look forward to hearing from you and helping you.

Full Name: *
E-Mail Address: *
Existing Customer:  *
 
Message: *
 *
Please add the two numbers


Greenwich Observatory Ltd: the home of 

Green Witch Telescopes & Binoculars

Tel: 01924 477719

Search: