The SkyWatcher Evostar 90 is one of the popular refractors from SkyWatcher. It is not very heavy, not bulky so it is portable and with its classic two-element, air-spaced, achromatic lens and long focal length it is ideal for the detailed high-power study of the Moon, Planetary Surfaces and other objects in our solar system, providing crisp contrasty images. The telescope also comes supplied with an erect image diagonal that provides an upright, fully corrected image allowing the telescope to be also used for terrestrial observing.
Now SkyWatcher have bundled this telescope with their new AZ Pronto alt-azimuth mount to make it an ideal no fuss, Grab-and-Go telescope for easy visual astronomy as well as high power daytime terrestrial observations!! The well engineered and easy to use AZ PRONTO Alt-Azimuth mount provides excellent stability and precise control, via its slow motion cables, on both the horizontal (azimuth) and vertical (altitude) axes.
The Sky-Watcher AZ PRONTO is a lightweight, highly portable Alt-Azimuth mount constructed from cast aluminium, designed to attach small telescopes up to 3kg in weight, fitted with a 45mm dovetail bar. The aluminium telescopic tripod legs can be extended and clamped in any position using the integral leg locks. Supplied with two flexible slow-motion cables, one for vertical and one for horizontal smooth fine motion control. The slow motion cables can be positioned in a choice of two different positions on each axis, making it convenient to control both refractor and reflector telescopes. The mount can also be moved around each axis manually, for rapid panning and elevation adjustments. Accurately tracks distant moving objects with ease. This delightfully convenient and well engineered grab-and-go mounting is suitable for both terrestrial observations and astronomical viewing.
- Magnifications (with eyepieces supplied): x36 & x90
- Highest Practical Power (Potential): x180
- Objective Lens Diameter: 90mm
- 65% more Light Gathering than 70mm
- Telescope Focal Length: 900mm (f/10)
- Eyepieces Supplied: 10mm & 25mm
- 6x30 Finderscope
- 90º Erect Image Diagonal 1.25"
- Multi-Coated Objective Lens
- Total Overall Weight: Telescope and mount = 6.25kg
AZ PRONTO Alt-Azimuth Mount Specification
- Helical Worm Gear Drive: AZ Axis 180 Teeth, ALT Axis 116 Teeth
- Mount Rotation Angle (Continuous): 360° (Azimuth), -70° to + 90° (Altitude)
- Payload Capacity: 3kg
- 45mm Sky-Watcher/Vixen Dovetail Saddle
- 2 x Flexible Slow-Motion Axis Drive Cables
- 21.5cm Extension Tube
- 3/8" Threaded Connections
- Extendable Aluminium Tripod with Accessory Tray
- Height of Tripod/Mount (excl. OTA): 78.5cm - 150cm
- Mount and tripod Weight: 3.85kg